One of my coworkers asked if I wanted to do a 30 day smoothie challenge with her so I said yes seeing that I just bought a brand new blender lol
It is sooooo amazing. Anyhow, this morning was my first day and I had no idea what to make or what would taste great together. This challenge you use fruixts, veggies or a combination of both. So I decided to do kale & tomato
Then I also did banana, mango, blueberries & spinach
Then I blended them together
Then here we have the end product
It actually tasted awesome, only thing though is I would leave the mango out next
time. It made it way too sweet for me. Anyhow I gotta think about tomorrow’s.
Until then, stay healthy!
Anytime I hear or think about love, the first thing that pops into my mind is that song “Love” by Kirk Franklin. It goes, “Love, a word that comes and goes, but few people really know what it means to really love somebody”
Anyhow, I was reading some quotes today that are meant to inspire and encourage and I came across something that was written by Bob Marley. Take a look
“Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.”
― Bob Marley
I can only hope that one day I find a love like that, that will actually last and stand the test of time.
Ever wondered to yourself “why didn’t life come with a handbook?” I know I have many times. Especially because I am a visual learner, I would love to be able to read how to navigate through life lol. Someone posted the following Instructions for life so I thought I’d share.
These are from a book called “Life’s Little Instruction Book”, by Jackson Brown and H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Memorize your favorite poem.
- Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have, or sleep all you want.
- When you say, I love you, mean it.
- When you say, I’m sorry, look the person in the eye.
- Be engaged for at least six months before you get married.
- Believe in love at first sight.
- Never laugh at anyone’s dreams.
- Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it’s the only way to live completely.
- In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
- Don’t judge people by their relatives.
- Talk slow but think quick.
- When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask, Why do you want to know?
- Remember that great love and great acheivements involve great risk.
- Call your family.
- Say, Bless you, when someone sneezes.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Remember the three R’s: Respect for self, Respect for others, Responsibility for all your actions.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
- Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, his/her conversational skills will be as important as any other.
- Spend some time alone.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remeber that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Read more books and watch less TV.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll get to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is important. Do all you can to creat a tranquil harmonious home.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Read between the lines.
- Share your knowledge. It’s a way to acheive immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Never interrupt when you’re being flattered.
- Mind your own business.
- Don’t trust a lover who doesn’t close their eyes when you kiss them.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- If you make a lot of money, put it to use while you are living. That is wealth’s greatest satisfaction.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules, then break some.
- Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Remember that your character is your destiny.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.